Workhorse 5-Port Valve
Hydraulic 5-Port Valve
Considered the workhorse of the industry, this valve has long provided pool owners with a dependable and efficient in-floor cleaning system. Ideal for smaller pools or spas, the 5-Port Valve maximizes power to give your pool a robust and thorough cleaning.
Workhorse 5-Port Valve Specifications
Workhorse 5-Port Valve Frequently asked questions
- Jandy 5-Port Hydraulic Valve: Black dome-shaped water valve with 5 pipes coming out of the bottom and a pressure gauge on the top.
- Jandy 8-Port Electronic Valve: Black cylinder-shaped water valve with 8 pipes coming out of the bottom side. This valve was previously known as Ultraflex and Ultraflex 2. These valves have a motor inside with a lid on top. To determine which Ultraflex you have look at the valve lid. If there is a circular knob in the center of the lid then you have an Ultraflex. If the lid has two tab handles on the outer edge then you have an Ultraflex 2 system.
- Attach the Head Removal Tool to the pool pole.
- Snap Removal Tool into the head.
- Turn counter-clockwise to release head from collar. Turn clockwise if you have pre-1992 threaded cleaning heads.
- Pull and lift head out of collar.
- Inspect head, nozzle and collar for debris.
- Clean the filter, pump basket, skimmer, and valve cup strainer.
- Make sure all auxiliary valves such as surface returns, waterfall, and spa overflows are closed.
- Turn pump on and off several times to clear system.
- Remove valve, turn upside down, and spray pressurized water up into the valve.
- Order a valve rebuild kit if necessary.